CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATION AND PROCUREMENT
The project is not complete when the engineering phase wraps up. Realizing the design in the field is critical to the overall success of the project, whether it’s Varo’s design or not. Through our experience in the last 65+ years, we have learned what makes a project successful in the construction phases. Building upon this expertise, we have assembled a staff includes that includes specialists in construction management, procurement, quality assurance, planning and scheduling, cost control, contract management, and startup and testing. We can assist with your greenfield projects, retrofits, modifications, outage support, emergency response, decommissioning, demolition and more.
- Review of design documents for constructability.
- Coordinate and conduct the bidding process
- Conduct Pre-Construction Conference at the site prior to start of construction by the Contractor
- Establish and maintain a tracking system for all Project construction records (RFI’s, ASI’s, RFP/CO’s)
- Review the Contractor’s Project Schedule, Schedule of Values, Submittal Schedule, and Equipment Matrix and list of proposed subcontractors
- Review periodic updates of all schedules with Owner and Contractor
- Perform the role of Owner’s engineer during the Construction Phase
- Perform site activities as required to review progress and monitor the Contractor’s schedule for the construction phase work
- Submit written reports of site activities. Hold progress meetings to keep the Owner informed of the progress and quality of the Work
- Clarify and interpret the intent and scope of the Construction Documents. Notify Owner and Contractor in writing of any work not in conformity with the Construction Documents
- Make recommendations as to correction of the deficiencies or defects
- Certify Contractor’s Application for Payment according to construction progress.
- Interpret technical requirements of the Contract Documents and judge Contractor’s work performance render interpretations necessary for the proper execution or progress of the Work
- Coordinate submittals and respond to Contractor’s inquiries and questions and provide supplemental information as appropriate
- Provide assistance in the review of the Contractor’s requests for change orders
- Prepare Change Orders for the Owner’s approval and execution
- Prepare revised Contract Drawings to illustrate and document approved Change
- Review and consolidate Contractor’s record drawings, O&M records, and all other close-out documentation
- Certify final payment to the Contractor when the requirements of the Contract
- Advise Owner on Warranty items, inspect Warranty work, and participate in one year warranty review